zWeatherFeed widget not loading from Rise Vision storage?

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Lats night I was  working with zWeatherFeed (http://www.zazar.net/developers/jquery/zweatherfeed/) widget. After testing and making sure everything actually works on my PC I uploaded it to Rise Vision storage. I pulled the widget through URL and... nothing. There was nothing showing in the preview nor in presentation. I pasted the link from storage directly to Chrome browser and again... nothing. I uploaded the widget to my FTP server and pulled the link from there. This time everything worked just fine. What is up with that? Are you for some reason unintentionally blocking something there? Or you do not allow free alternatives to the widgets at Rise Vision store :) The problems is I cannot have 2 different storage locations.
Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

  • 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
  • whait! what?

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Alex Kolenoff

Alex Kolenoff

  • 3,506 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Darius, would you be able to add a link here to the presentation to which you have added this?  A link to the presentation from Editor, or a link from Preview would be fine.
Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

  • 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sure, here it is: http://preview.risevision.com/Viewer.html?type=presentation&id=ee2adcbd-51d3-4467-a18d-5ee6f665e...

Currently, it is pulling the widget from my FTP with URL. When I was trying to do the same from Rise Vision storage, the right side was empty.
Photo of Peter Cameron

Peter Cameron, Employee

  • 1,418 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Darius,

I think the issue may be that the link you will be getting from Rise Storage is secure, beginning https, but the widget will be making requests for links that begin http. If you look for errors in the console it should say that there is a mixed content error which would confirm this, or you could try a quick test by taking the link url and removing the 's' from https.

In order to fix it you should make sure that the links in the widget files are changed so that they start with https rather than http. That should solve the problem.

Thanks,

Peter
Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

  • 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thank you, sir! You were 100% right. I removed "s" from "https" and it worked. Lesson learned :)
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

  • 4,624 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Just incase you are unfamiliar with chrome dev tools here is great documentation: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools