Video not playing

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Just set up a new machine.  I've set up about 4 in the last 6 weeks.  The one today will not play video.  My understanding is the only different today is that Rise has updated the player...or at least released pro, which I assume means they updated the player.  My other machines are playing video...but the one that downloaded the player today won't.  Same processors, ram, everything is the same...except the Rise Player.  
Photo of tony

tony

• 11,670 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated.

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
tony,

I'll need a Presentation Preview to test.

Thanks,
Blake
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
tony, 

Unfortunately a bug was introduced with this version of Rise Player that corrupts new files added to rise cache. We have reverted the version, however this will take some additional work on your part to resolve.

1. Restart your player, this will get you back to the 7.31 version.
2. Re upload the files using a different name, then update the Presentation(s) to use the new files OR delete the contents of /rvplayer/RiseCache/Cache

After the steps above are taken, you should begin seeing your media again.
Photo of tony

tony

Just saw this 2nd part.  I am guessing that is/was the problem.  I've been doing some comparative testing this morning and found everything works fine when load the player on my laptop.  My videos are playing find in the browser...so your explanation would make sense.  I'll give it a try.  ...which I have essentially done by default anyway.   I have deleted Rise player and everything associated with it as well as Chrome.  We'll see what happens when I load them back up.  
Photo of tony

tony

That was it.  Everything is working as expected now.