Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This has been solved and there is an Help Center article that covers uninstalling and installing Rise Player
- Display had a status of "Red" in RV console
- Could not restart player from RV console
- Could not reboot display from RV console
- Could connect to display with remote desktop and SSH
- Display could reach the Internet
- Updating Ubuntu (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade) did not resolve issue
- Rebooting display did not resolve issue
- Creating another schedule and pointing it to the display did not resolve issue
- Player tried restarting at regular intervals
- Saw player countdown timer twice during each attempt to restart
- Player made it all the way through to scheduled presentation, however...
- Player would quite to desktop before placeholder could play first item
- From a Terminal, deleted rvplayer (rm -rf rvplayer) in home folder
- Ran the player installer (./installer-lnx-64.sh) already in my Downloads folder according to instructions found here.
- Entered the same Display ID from the RV console.
[Edit] Arrived this morning to find my display doing the same thing as yesterday. This is now a problem.