Spreadsheet not pulling in all data

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
I have setup a new menu board layout, and I've got it sitting beside me and I'm having more issues with the Spreadsheet Widget.

Sometimes after republishing after making a change, or simply updating something in the spreadsheet, the information is not being reloaded correctly. It's sporadic.

All placeholders are set to refresh every 5mins, so even the ones that show up blank should be refreshing and pulling in the data but they are not mostly (They do sometimes though...). The placeholders not pulling in the data are not always the same either.

With my current issue, after 25mins, all the text cells have finally been loaded (Though they did not all appear at the same 5min period), though I have 4 placeholders that still have not updated correctly.

The only way I can seem to get it working right again is by restarting the RV Player or the entire system in some instances.

Any ideas? These are brand new machines and we have a very good network.
Photo of Eric S.

Eric S.

  • 7,412 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Alex Kolenoff

Alex Kolenoff

  • 3,506 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Glencoe, 

First, can you send me a link to your presentation so I can take a quick look?  Can you also tell me the details of the machines that you are playing them on?  OS, Player version.
Photo of Eric S.

Eric S.

  • 7,412 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Alex,
Here is the link
http://preview.risevision.com/Viewer.html?type=presentation&id=985f440c-e99c-45b3-a484-ee9ca3a44...

Running on ASUS Vivo-Mini UN42 with Windows 7 (Fully updated) in my test environment. Will be using the same machine for actual displays (all machines imaged and updated at the same time).

Player Version: RisePlayerPackagedApp 1.25.2850
Viewer Version: 1-06-039
Photo of Alex Kolenoff

Alex Kolenoff

  • 3,506 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Glen.  I'll take a look.
Photo of Alex Kolenoff

Alex Kolenoff

  • 3,506 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Glen,

I took a look at the presentation and I think that the issue could be the sheer number of instances of the Google Spreadsheet widget.  I think it is around 150 instances.  I realize they are not all scheduled to play at the same time but all of that has to be processed and it's entirely possible that the player/machine is getting bogged down.  Also bc of the high number I am not sure how many connections are being made on a given day/time per Placeholder/widget.

I would suggest trying to create a presentation for each day of the week and scheduling each presentation for the correct day via the Schedules and see if you notice an improvement in the information updating.