Risevision not displaying PHP output on 3rd Party server

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not a Problem
I have a presentation that is not displaying the PHP output.    The images and PHP are located on a 3rd Party Server.

The strange thing is the PHP output works when running the preview,   even stranger still is that the PHP was displaying while the display unit was running at our office.   Having move the display unit (Windows 10 PC) to the client site the PHP is not displaying - I just get a white bar where the PHP is meant to display.

I've checked the 3rd party server logs where the images and PHP are located, I cannot see anything that might be a warning or error message.

There are no error messages in the logs for what is a basic modem/router at the client site.

I'm completely baffled, I'll bet it's something daft I'm doing though!!!!

Preview is :http://preview.risevision.com/Viewer.html?type=presentation&id=8efdc3eb-55ff-4525-8aa6-4bddde0aa...
Photo of Gary

Gary

  • 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

  • 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gary,

This is very odd. Is it possible the location doesn't have access to these php websites? Could you try pulling one up in a browser on the media player and tell me what happens?
Photo of Gary

Gary

  • 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Blake, thanks for your reply.   The presentation pulls the images from the same server OK.  (images and PHP are on same server - they are in different sub directories, but within the same domain, the authorities appear the same - I haven't tried to put them into the same folder, to see if I can still retrieve both.)   I can run the PHP from the client location by putting the URL into chrome browser and it comes up ok.  
(Edited)
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

  • 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gary,

Thanks, this is very odd! Let me see if I can find any reason this would happen. Thanks!
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

  • 4,624 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Gary,
One thing I notice right away when I look at dev console is there are mixed requests for http and https.
Try changing them both to http or https
(Edited)
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

  • 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gary,

Were you able to try out Mat's solution above? Let me know!
Photo of Gary

Gary

  • 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Blake, my apologies for the delay in reply.    I've had a look at this and will make the changes per above.   We've also made some changes to the server where the PHP is hosted to do with the firewall and access.  I'll post a reply after I've been up to the customer to take a look.    We have a suspicion that it might be a combination of events.   We removed the display unit back to our office and the display then works correctly.    We our now looking at what else could be causing the issue, currently now going through various of the logs not related to RiseVision to see if we can pick up on why some of the content displays at the client site and others not.   I will post our findings once done.   Thanks for the suggestions above.
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

  • 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gary,

Let us know!
Photo of Gary

Gary

  • 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well, problem found.  Issue was nothing to do with Rise platform or infrastructure.

So summary again that may be useful to others, presentation was pulling images from google drive and 3rd Party server.   Presentation was running PHP scripts that were located on same 3rd party server as images above.      Presentation worked fine on preview mode at our offices, display unit running from our offices worked fine.   When running at client site we had PHP not working, and sometimes the images would work and not work.   Looking around at logs on the 3rd party server showed no error messages that related.    Here is when the fun started, we were looking at the logs in and around the times were were up testing.   When all else has failed we then started going through the logs for each day for the whole day.


The issue was caused by a IP camera on the client site downloading images to an FTP folder on the 3rd party server to a different URL/website. The camera was also set to only download at certain times.   The camera was upgraded recently and during the upgrade the FTP password was entered incorrectly.   The 3rd party server was protected by a firewall which registered the attempted logins as an attack and blocked the external IP address for the clients  router for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes it would automatically unblock the address.

In addition and to further cloud the issue, the clients external IP was not fixed IP, but dynamic and changed every few days, which further clouded the issue when going through days of logs.

So when Rise vision tried to connect in one of those 10 minute periods when blocking was active  the server refused the connection and blocked the attempt.   The PHP would then not run but I am guessing that the images were cached and if the cache had not reached the end of its time limit the images would load.

Solution was to correct the password for the IP cam, and for housework, clear all the banned IP addresses from the firewall.

:-)    Hope this helps others that follow!  Thanks for suggestions and help above.

Gary
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

  • 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gary,

Thanks for the follow up! Excited that the problem wasn't on our end :)