Rise Vision Events gadget not working

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,

The Rise Vision Events gadget is not showing on our displays for the past few days.  Any tip on how to get it working again?

Thanks
Photo of Fred

Fred

• 356 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Fred,

The Gadget was replaced with the Calendar Widget.  Updating your Presentation to use the new Widget will correct the issue.

Thanks.
Photo of Fred

Fred

Thanks Neal!
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 788 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I replaced the gadget. It worked for awhile but is not playing now. http://preview.risevision.com/Viewer.html?type=presentation&id=7fc121c4-50e1-4dc2-8acc-ea2262e3b...
(Edited)
Photo of Neal

Neal

Mike,

When you say it is not playing now, can you describe what you're seeing? How long was it working for prior to not playing now?

Thanks.
Photo of Mike

Mike

I was working for about an hour or more, than I made some more adjustments on the the size of the display box and it no longer displayed.  I tried deleting the gadget and adding it again but it is still not displaying.  I'm wondering if I saved it too many times and made to many requests to the server. 
Photo of Fred

Fred

Mike -- when you first posted the link above, I was able to see your calendar event. (~3:40pm EST)

But now (~4:22pm EST) when I click on it after you have posted your second message, I'm seeing this error:

Calendar cannot be shown probably because it is not public.  Check your Calendar settings.
Photo of Mike

Mike

I know but the calendar is public. I didn't change those settings. All I did was delete the gadget, add it again and save it. 
Photo of Neal

Neal

I'm seeing the Calendar show again in Preview.  Did you make any further changes to the settings?
Photo of FIAS IT

FIAS IT

• 670 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
we sometimes see the message about the calander not being public but we get rid of it by restarting the display
Calendar cannot be shown probably because it is not public.  Check your Calendar settings.
Photo of Mike

Mike

Restarting fixed it. Thanks!
Photo of Mike

Mike

I still see the the above message on preview but not on the actual displays.
Photo of Neal

Neal

Mike,

When I look at the settings for the Calendar Widget, it doesn't appear that there's a full calendar ID entered.  As a result, the Preview is showing the error message. Because the Presentation is in a revised state, the Displays are probably using the correct ID (Displays show as of the last publication, not the last save).

Thanks.
Photo of Mike

Mike

Oops!, Thanks