Rise Editor (old and new) Freezes on Sign-in when using Chrome

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

As the title states, Chrome gets stuck at the rotating wheel (throbber ;o) after I've signed in. It doesn't matter if I try accessing the old or new editors, it never quite gets past the wheel. However, I can sign-in if I use Firefox (but Rise then tells me off for not using Chrome).

I've cleared Chrome's history and cache, but still no luck. Chrome's fully up-to-date.
Any ideas folks?

The only similar thing I've found in the community is when the Google App Engine Authentication messed-up, but I don't think this is the issue here, as many others would be complaining. 

Help!

Photo of Richard

Richard

  • 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

  • 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Richard,

Any chance something is being blocked in Chrome? Perhaps by a security setting or browser add on? I would suggest clicking on the 3 small dots on the far right corner of Chrome, selecting More Tools, then Developer Tools:


In the Developer console, which will open at the bottom of your window, you'll be able to see any errors that may be occurring, specifically errors revolving not being able to authenticate successfully, or access to sites being blocked.

If there are any errors, I would suggest reporting them to your IT Team so they can determine what needs access on your device to ensure Chrome works correctly.

Another thing you may want to try would be to open an Incognito Window in Chrome and log in that way. 

Let us know how you make out!
Photo of Richard

Richard

  • 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Robb!! Apologies that I've taken so long to reply - I've been waiting on our IT Team to look into this. I checked-out your helpful suggestion of using the developer tools - straight away it highlighted "Failed to load resource:" and pointed to this URL: https://rvaserver2.appspot.com/ 
I then opened a ticket with our IT guys and the problem's now been solved.

They'd previously allowed the list of proxies required for Rise, but this one URL was being a bit stubborn. Strange how it worked with Firefox.

Many thanks,
Richard