My presentations are in 1920x1080 why are the displays showing 1366x768 as the resolution on some of my screens?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
My presentations are in 1920x1080 why are the displays showing   1366x768 as the resolution on some of my screens? I am using an HP Chromebox as a player and I have two different TVs as displays on is a Hisense the other an LG. I have about 20 TV's using this same set up and about half of them are now showing up with the 1366x768? 
Photo of Yay Tv

Yay Tv

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Yay Tv

Yay Tv

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It appears this is only happening on the players i have in kiosk mode. how do I fix it?
Photo of Samuel Hartman

Samuel Hartman

• 806 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The TVs probably have a native resolution of 1366x768; check their manual to make sure. A lot of older TVs do.
Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
With the HP Chromebox, as it boots up, does it present an option to press CTRL+ALT+S on when it is readying the Player?  If you can press this key combination and then log in you can adjust the screen's resolution to be 1920x1080.

Thanks.
Photo of Samuel Hartman

Samuel Hartman

• 806 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Neal - I'm pretty sure this option is only for the Asus brand. We tried all kinds of keystrokes when booting up the HP and nothing would kick it out of Kiosk mode other than the pin reset. From a security standpoint, it's pretty solid! But sucks if you want to do anything else.
no it doesn't give you this option. If i reboot when the tv is on then it stays in 1920x1080.

If i reboot with the tv off it shows up with the white border around 1366x768. Then if i reboot again with tv on then the display returns to looking fine full screen. But the display still shows 1366x768 on the display page on the Rise App. But appears that it has gone back to 1920x1080???
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Are these chromeboxes managed devices? You should be able to turn off kiosk mode in the management console, and then change the resolution.
they are not  managed devices. How do i make them managed devices?
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Simplicity,

You can find instructions on google device management here.