Mobile mangement app

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
what about a mobile management app? to restart displays or adjust schedules from your phone while you're at the display? without having to walk all the way back to your desk and log back in, would be killer for me, that and the ability to stream local content
Photo of edwardsmorris

edwardsmorris

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

• 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the forum Edward!

I like the idea of a mobile management app, but can you clarify what you mean by "the ability to stream local content"? Do you mean stream to the mobile device or to a Presentation? Also what kind of content were you referring to?

Thanks!
Photo of edwardsmorris

edwardsmorris

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
By the ability to stream local content I meant the ability to play contenet stored locally, but its no longer an issue as last night i just gave my content URLs.
a presentation preview in a mobile management app would be handy but not a necessity, the ability to manage displays and schedules however would be awesome!!
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

• 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the clarifications Edward. I look forward to seeing what our community says!
Photo of Alan Clayton

Alan Clayton, Official Rep

• 8,788 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Our new Apps are all supported on mobile devices and can be found here, https://apps.risevision.com/
Photo of Alan Clayton

We only support Chrome at this point. What browser are you using on Blackberry?

Just to confirm, you are using the new version of Displays, Schedules and Storage Apps?
Photo of J Juno

J Juno

• 1,564 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Blackberry browser v10.3.2.36
Unfortunately there is no good option for Chrome on BB that we can find.

In short, we reach the page - get prompted to login - get to choose our google account - after that we receive the blank screen with the login option at the top (but we are not logged in to the site - see screen shot).

Google sends an email to confirm that we processed a login with our BB and asks if this is "us" or a security issue. 

We receive the pop-up "Welcome to Rise Vision! Ask us anything."

Tried both the regular and beta.
(Edited)
Photo of Alan Clayton

Not sure what could be going on there. Unfortunately, Blackberry support isn't anywhere on our roadmap, but I'll bring this up to the Apps team. 
Photo of J Juno

J Juno

• 1,564 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Blackberry support isn't anywhere on our roadmap
Alan, BB support is not on anybody's roadmap for any company with any product. It's always been the case and RIM should wake up one day and hire someone who actually uses a phone.

That being said -- nothing but solutions!

We found an Android CHROME APK and were able to successfully install and achieve a working version of Chrome on BB.

I was able to login to Rise and view the displays!  

I have not had time to try everything and have a good look, let alone test functionality. On that note, it was very difficult to choose a sub company because of the layout.

Yes the webpage resizes for mobile, but does not customize for mobile app like most websites do.  Would be great if there was a mobile url implementation!?!  (m.rva.risevision.com?)  -- completely aware that request won't come soon.

How about a bit more coding for screen sizes smaller than tablet to make menu features easier to access and use?  We are still in the beta stage of the new designs so this would be the perfect time to mention it - right?

Thanks Alan
Photo of Shea

Shea, Official Rep

• 5,188 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi J Juno,

That's great that you were able to get Chrome working on the Blackberry. Using rva.risevision.com will be difficult on any mobile device because it is not responsive.

However, our new apps such as https://schedules.risevision.com and https://displays.risevision.com/ have been built with mobile in mind. 

The attached image is what I see when I look at displays.risevision.com on my Nexus 5. Also switching sub-companies on the above mentioned pages should also be fairly easy. 

And like you said this is the perfect time to mention it and I'll pass the feedback a long. 

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you,
Shea