March Madness 2015

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Are you guys going to create a bracket again this year?
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 802 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Brad,

No news on that yet, but we'll keep you posted!
Photo of ULS ADMIN

ULS ADMIN

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
March Madness 2015 Bracket would be great, that the one that sold us on your product. we loved it.
Photo of Matt Tiffany

Matt Tiffany

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree, seeing the 2013 and 2014 March Madness template sold us on purchasing 8 linux players and purchasing multiple TV's to display on. We are a major university and it will be very disappointing is there isn't a 2015 version of this available.
Does anyone know if there is another company out there that has made something similar that could be purchased inexpensively? Or a updating html bracket page that we could setup a presentation which pointed to that page?

Any help would be appreciated! March Madness won't wait for us to figure this out unfortunately.
Photo of Blake Freeman

Unfortunately our designers have been swamped this season and have been unable to create a free bracket presentation for the community. screenfeed.com has some great options available that you can bring right into the Rise platform!
Photo of Matt Tiffany

Matt Tiffany

Thanks Blake, how is their product brought into the Rise platform?
Photo of Blake Freeman

Matt,

You can display it using the html widget.
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So is this a pay per license? (the screenfeed?)   or is there a way to capture the HTML for free to display on our boards?  I am confused with the directions below. 
sad  
Photo of Steve Glancey

Steve Glancey

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Blake for the reference. In order to be more helpful, here is some additional information regarding Screenfeed's Sports Central Digital Signage content solution around the tournament. 

This year's College Basketball brackets are available to Sports Central subscribers. Plug-in-play your feeds in minutes using our HTML delivery method in Rise Vision. Starting March 16th, each of the four regions will track the favorites and Cinderella stories alike until the Sweet 16 round begins on the 26th of March. After which, the final bracket graphic will highlight the road to victory for one "lucky" team on April 6th. 

During this time, all other graphics currently available through Sports Central can be configured and played through another feed including team profiles, leaderboards, scoreboards, calendar and game-day updates of the tournament. Also, coverage in this one month stretch will include the NBA, NHL and the start of the MLB season. 

How to get set it up in Risevision (10 minutes or less): 
  1. Go here: http://www.screenfeed.com/content/sports-central 
  2. Plug in your number of licenses (media players needing a feed)
  3. Create an account with Screenfeed
  4. Click "Feeds" in your account
  5. Copy/paste the HTML URL into the Risevision widget as Blake mentioned before. 
Reach out to sales@screenfeed.com or support@screenfeed.com with any questions regarding pricing or product details. 
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

Wow.. I came out here to find the updated brackets for this year  ...and I was REALLY looking forward to the Live Brackets like you had last year.. as they were at HIT with everyone in the building. This is VERY disappointing considering last year you made a special resolution bracket for us.  :(
Photo of Steve Glancey

Steve Glancey

Hi Kelly,

Yes, there is a subscription fee for the Sports Central feed from Screenfeed which also includes much more than the Bracket graphics for College Men's Basketball. All the details you need to know are included on this page: http://www.screenfeed.com/content/sports-central. If you would rather talk with someone about your options over the phone, I can be reached at 612-424-8310.
Photo of Brad

Brad

Have you guys considered making one yet?  We bought all these players last year just because of the March Madness.  The product is great! We get a lot of comments on how awesome the bracket is and the fact that it was live updating.  Very cool.  Going to miss that this year.....  :(
Photo of ULS ADMIN

ULS ADMIN

Wow - no free march madness :(
Photo of Matt Tiffany

Matt Tiffany

We had to purchase the screenfeed bracket. While it is inexpensive, it shows. Fingers crossed it will auto update as games finish otherwise creating your own in Photoshop from an online image would be the way to go. Could do it in like 10 minutes and just create a new image each day. We decided to pay for ScreenFeeds because we're expecting it will live update and that's the service we're paying for. If not, I will let you all know.
Photo of Brad

Brad

Good Idea Matt, -- BTW how much was the ScreenFeed bracket -- just curious....I tried to call the # in Kelly's post.. but it went straight to VM.  TIA
Photo of Steve Glancey

Steve Glancey

Brad, call me back, I was on the other line. Or, leave a voicemail with your number so I can call you back :).

Matt, the brackets will update after the games finish. All other Sports Central content is updated every 5 minutes. Happy to have you as a customer. 
Photo of Matt Tiffany

Matt Tiffany

Hi Brad, I believe we paid $15 per display.
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

• 4,624 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hello All,
While we don't have the bracket template this year we did just release the 
March Madness 2015 Scoreboard Template. It contains current scores, twitter and rss news.

You can add it to your company by gong to your presentations and clicking on the "add from template button":

Then select the template called "March Madness 2015 Scoreboard Template".

Enjoy!
Photo of ULS ADMIN

ULS ADMIN

Yes !!! - Thanks - Love your product we make good use of it.
Photo of kevin

kevin

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Come on.. take a little time and make the bracket! All my locations are asking for it too...  They had it the last 2 years.
Photo of Brad

Brad

Agreed  ^^^^
Photo of William Oneal

William Oneal, Champion

• 13,770 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I know everyone here likes to complain about something that was offered for free and not getting it but for a company to provide this free (except storage) platform you should respect what there doing. They are working hard to keep this platform going , which is a priority. They provide great support and work on our issues on a drop of the hat. What company does that these days. Plus if they did offer it for a price you still be crying. Also don't rely on others to provide you with free stuff. Do some of the work yourself or pay for it. For what it's worth be grateful to the platform and what it provides, even if they don't have time providing something that a few want. Thanks
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Tiffany

Matt Tiffany

Good morning William! I can't speak for others, but I can say that we looked at several open source options for our display solution. What sold us on moving forward with Rise was their advertisement of these free templates. That's a very key thing to me because I believe they, Rise, set an expectation of the free templates continuing to be offered. Another key item for us was that Rise advertises they will update the players automatically if the player is purchased through them. So we purchased 8 $500+ players so the team taking over the displays wouldn't need to worry about updating and our IT team wouldn't have another added responsibility. Are we now to believe based on your response that free advertised service should stop? I certainly hope not.
We have supported Rise through the purchasing of their players, we have purchased other content, and at the first opportunity we had to use something we thought was included (the March Madness Template) we weren't able to. So we were pretty disappointed, as it seems others were as well. If we'd known, yes it wouldn't have been any trouble to create our own. The key phrase here is "if we would have known". With communication from Rise that this wouldn't be offered in 2015 we could have created our own in our spare time over the months prior to March 2015. But this was not communicated by Rise yet the 2014 March Madness template was still being advertised. This to me implied there would be a 2015 template.
My question to you William is this: If no one were to "complain" or make Rise aware of how much they liked or used this template how would they know how much their customers like it and want it to return in 2016? And don't you think that if so many of us like it that information translates into additional customers for Rise? Many of which will purchase players further financially supporting Rise like we did.
I hope your day gets better William and our apologies for bringing you down by letting Rise know we really enjoyed their free March Madness Template, currently want it, and hope it returns in 2016. But once last piece of advice. If reading all these comments really frustrates you, don't read them.
Photo of kevin

kevin

Sounds like Mark has the extra time to make this for the Rise Community.   Way to step up.    Nobody is attacking Rise Mark, just showing some disappointment for something that was a given in the past years and now has gone by the wayside because of progress or other focuses, like paid widgets.
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

\m/  Agree^
Photo of William Oneal

William Oneal, Champion

• 13,770 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
In a way you are right about that not being communicated to you earlier but they still offered a solution. It might not be the greatest solution but they did. Problem i have is everyone expects  things from people and expects them to give it up because they did it in the past. If rise offered one and then made it not free, some will still be on the forums complaining about it. I can understand the frustrations and everything but like me i have backups and plan B's for everything i have. If something isn't going to work,not offered, or unknown, i make time to make my own stuff. Heck i made my own brackets last year because i didn't know if they were going to make it.  So I'm not mad that you complained and you have rights to complain about the timing of not letting you know, but don't expect things to be handed to you either and complained that its not. Thats the point I'm trying to make. 
Photo of Tri-C Metro

Tri-C Metro

• 1,642 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Tri-C Metro

Tri-C Metro

• 1,642 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Took an old image from web.  Redid teams.  size is 9120x1080.  Font is Eras Bold ITC.  Font size is 16.  Font color is: e7fb77

Add teams as they win.  
Photo of Blake Freeman

Thank you Tri-C Metro for providing this image!
Photo of Alan Clayton

Alan Clayton, Official Rep

• 8,788 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to everyone who was expecting the March Madness Presentation this year.  We should have posted an announcement to inform everyone we were not planning to do it this year. 

Given the overwhelming request for a 2015 March Madness Presentation, we have decided to make this a priority and we are working on building this now.  We are going to move as quickly as possible on this and should have it ready by end of day tomorrow if not sooner. We'll provide an update when it is ready.

Thank you everyone for the feedback and for using Rise Vision!
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

You guys are awesome!!!!!    thank you!!!!  this will make everyone happy at our  Corp Headquarters Offices!  Let the FUN begin!!  \m/ (-_-) \m/
Photo of kevin

kevin

Alan,  Thank you also!   Everyone of my customers will be very happy!  
Photo of ULS ADMIN

ULS ADMIN

As a paying customer of your product,    I thank you.
(Edited)
Photo of Blake Freeman