Linux RV Player zoom setting

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Player starts as it should, but when it displays content from the stream, the text seems to 'zoomed in', much like you can zoom in a web page when viewing in chrome.
I think that Chrome is installed for the RV Player to run on, but how would I check the Chrome (not Chromium) zoom setting?
I had a user 'help' and I think they may have hit a hot-key combo that tweaked the zoom.
Photo of Sterling Drug

Sterling Drug

  • 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of HSuarez

HSuarez

  • 11,896 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Sterling,
Can you please send through the preview link of the presentation here or at support@risevision.com and we can take a look.
Thanks!
Hannah
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

  • 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sterling,

Check out the shortcut keys on this page: http://www.computerhope.com/shortcut/chrome.htm

Hopefully Ctrl + - will solve the issue :)
Photo of Sterling Drug

Sterling Drug

  • 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Robb - That was my initial attempt at fixing it, doesn't look like it affects the player when those shortcut keys are used, at least not through a remote session via VNC.

HSuarez - I could send you a link, but this seems to be restricted to the player box itself, I am not seeing this issue on other boxes I have deployed and they all have the same presentation stream.

I've checked the resolution setting and even forced the setting via GUI and CLI to 1920 x 1080 with no luck.
It does not _seem_ to affect images (background or inserted), just text copy on both old style and new style presentations.

I am in the process of sending some screenshots and just noticed that each player also has a different font being used in the display.

Any setting files I could check for the player prior doing a dump and reinstall, or killing this box with fire?
Photo of Sterling Drug

Sterling Drug

  • 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Just wanted to update this as a resolved issue. I got this reply from HSuarez:

It looks like the fonts are not being translated into Ubuntu.  There is an issue with that OS when it comes to fonts, especially the MSFT core fonts.  The Text Widget has MSFT fonts and if a users were to publish it out to a live Display the font family don't necessarily translate. If it's a MSFT core font that you are using, try installing the package http://askubuntu.com/questions/463754/how-to-make-ttf-mscorefonts-installer-package-download-fonts-after-it-says-it-i --> alternatively, you can one of your own .TTF fonts on to Rise Storage or another web server, copy the link, then try using the Custom Font URL option in the Text Widget settings (below the list of options where you choose the fonts) since these will translate back into the Ubuntu Display.  

Sure enough, installed the core fonts and everything was back at a happier place.