Intel Compute Stick not working with Rise Vision App, Scaled to 1280x720

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
We just got our hands on one of the new Intel Compute Sticks with the Windows 8.1 build. 

We were able to install the new Rise Vision App with out issue. Runs on start up, no problem!
BUT....while the resolution on the panel is reading 1920x1080, in Chrome it is being scaled to 1280x720.

I've searched the internet/forums and have yet to find a solution to this. 

I did find the "DisplayInfo Sample" and confirmed that Chrome is scaling it down to 1280x720. 
I'm beginning to think this might be an issue with the 32bit version of chrome. 
I installed the 64bit version on a 64bit machine and confirmed resolution of 1920x1080. 

We also when ahead and installed the Rise Vision Player on the Intel Stick, and content was fine. 1920x1080. 

Has anyone else been able to get this unit running @ 1920x1080 using the Rise Vision Chrome App?

Thanks!
Photo of JCTanner

JCTanner

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of JCTanner

JCTanner

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
RESOLVED!

In Windows, you need to change a setting in the "Display" window. 
You need to change the "size of the text and other items" to "Smaller"
Some reason our Intel Compute defaulted to "Larger". (And was listed as the Recommended setting)

After changing the setting to smaller, Logged out of windows and logged back in. 

Resolution setting never changed, but now the Icons are smaller, and Chrome displays in 1920x1080. 

Fixed!
(Edited)
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
JCTanner,

Thanks for the followup. We don't have any of these Compute Sticks in house to test on, so I'm glad you were able to resolve this!
Photo of Alex

Alex, Champion

• 10,070 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
@JCTanner Thank you for this post! This helped me as well!
Photo of bhawley

bhawley

• 464 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How's the performance on these sticks?  Have you tried any video clips?  I have one in my Amazon cart as I was going to experiment with them.  Are you pleased with the performance and packaging?  
Photo of Buzz K

Buzz K

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If you are using the latest gen of the stick, YouTube seems pretty good so far with good audio. I just received our first one yesterday. But with so many glitches in RiseVision itself and some of the apps it is hard to tell what is a Stick problem and what is a RiseVision problem. Hopefully things will settle down soon.
Photo of Rupert Snyman

Rupert Snyman

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Helped me too, I'm trialling a "Bauhn" mini PC with windows 8.1 with Bing. Working well now.