Last week we noticed that our web page widget stopped working. While viewing the forum we noticed that the native rise player no longer supported win 7 and that was causing the issue. Therefore after reading the suggestions to switch to the chrome extension player was the only viable option.
Since the change, my
team and I have been experiencing a variety of stability issues with the
system. We noticed that a few other forum members have been experiencing some
what similar issues with the chrome extension rv player. Before I posted to the
forum, we have made adjustments to the network and computers to counteract any
of the problems. Some worked, while other issues continue to
****RV Team, I have emailed support with a link to three of my presentations for you to see and conduct troubleshooting.
Here is our list of hiccups and issues our screens have been effected by the new extension rv player:
- Reboot and ability to automatically launch the Extension
This has by far been the biggest issue for us and causing us the most concern about the new player. What we have been experiencing is the following:
- When one of our devices reboots, the player no longer automatically starts on the machine. We have to either manually or remotely do so. This is a step backward for sure. We have to deactivate the task scheduler since when the scheduled reboot occurred, our screens would remain on the desktop until we manually started the player. Therefore to ensure the stability of the rv player we have to mannually restart every screen every 1 to 3 days depending how unstable the content has become.
- The reboot computer button on the display section of the system no longer works. Instead of rebooting the computer like it used to, it now restarts the chrome extension rv player. Therefore setting an automated reboot is pointless, due to the above reason
- Video Playback Performance
We have been experiencing glitches with some displays where the presentation would only show one video on repeat, or show only videos and no presentations. In some cases it would freeze on one frame of the video until the player had to be restarted. We attributed this to it probably being a performance issue of the rv player running too long with out a machine reset. However this has been a yes and no issue since after a reboot or within 24 hrs of a reboot there have been times when this has occurred. Very frustrating since it does not seem to be an issue that we can pin down.
Perhaps this is related to the video item, and that is why it is no longer supported?
- RV Extension Player Crash
has been the first time that a player
had crashed completely...ie spinning loading grey screen, and white screen
afterwards. I wish we had the ability to inspect what was wrong, but we have
yet learned how to do so with the chrome extension.
- Remote Monitoring interfering with Rv Player launch port error 9499
Since we remote monitor each display with Logmein we have noticed that the error screen captured below happens every time we are logged in remotely to a machine and have to restart the extension player. Not sure if this is interfering with the stability of the player?
Overall it is
unfortunate to see that the RV extension player is a step backwards for overall
stability of the system. However I don't blame the RV team, I blame the system
(i.e. being at the mercy of Google). However we hope the RV team takes these
issues seriously, because I have been using Rise vision Open source player
since day one, and at this point this instability really makes it hard to
provide the level of service we strive for with our clients.
I look forward to your feedback.