Google drive 500 error

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have content managers (CMs) who maintain a window on the main screen display. When they try logging in to Google Chrome, then clicking on Drive to maintain the spreadsheet that drives their window content, they are receiving a Google error page "500. That's an error. There was an error. Please try again later. That's all we know." Not really helpful. Not as bad as Microsoft, but still not helpful.

This appears to be a known error from earlier in 2013, and just started cropping up here. None of these CMs know how to do this process any other way, so I can eliminate people playing around and creating the error as a result. All CMs log in using the same Login ID - keeps things simple. This was working until yesterday, and as I said, nothing was done that might have caused this problem. For some reason, I can get in fine, but that is not the process we had envisioned when we went with Rise. We want CMs to be able to maintain their site window themselves. Saves me from doing it all.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this - easily if possible?
Photo of Dick Fotoples

Dick Fotoples

• 3,142 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • puzzled and not happy with this

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just so I understand the steps you are taking, you are opening up Chrome, and then going to https://drive.google.com?

500 errors are generic messages from the server that it wasn't able to fullfill your request.

You can try clearing the cache in your browser to see if that makes a difference. I don't see any problems reported on the Google Apps status page.

Thanks.
Photo of Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar

• 60 Points
I am facing same issue and clean cache 10 times.
Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Rajiv,

Can you provide more information for the steps that lead up to you receiving the 500 error?

Thanks.
Photo of daxa bodha

daxa bodha

• 70 Points
how to clwan cache
Photo of daxa bodha

daxa bodha

• 70 Points
how to clean cache
Photo of Wendi Borden

Wendi Borden, Champion

• 6,028 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Doxa,

You can clear your Chrome cache by selecting Home > More tools > Clear browsing data

Just be sure the "Cached images and files" option is selected

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en