Experience with Lenovo Ideacentre Stick (with Windows) and/or raspberry pi 2 - both in portrait at 1080x1920

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I'm curious if the Lenovo Ideacentre stick is capable of working with Rise Vision, because it would be possible to use Teamviewer to administrate the systems. Raspberry is OK, but not in portrait possible, and can't seem to get teamviewer working.
Photo of Rob Doumen

Rob Doumen

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of XMedia Dubai

XMedia Dubai

• 2,786 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Dear Rob,

I have been running risevision successfully on a similar device, Intel compute stick since past month. Till now i have not faced any issues. I have also been using splashtop for remote connection.

regards
Prakash
Photo of LUIS REYES

LUIS REYES

• 1,016 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Prakash, I, am reading you are using splashtop, do you know if it is possible to have remote access even when running Risevision in KioskMode. ? Regards
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Luis,

There is no kiosk mode in Windows or Linux, which are what run on the Intel Compute Stick. You should be able to enable remote desktop through a variety of different software available for Windows and Linux!
Photo of Blake Freeman

Rob,

We haven't tested this out in house, but we always love to hear reviews of products from our community! Let us know if you get your hands on it!
Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

• 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I am also looking into trying one of these. What would be the basic pros and cons of using RV on Windows vs. Chrome? I am asking because I never tried RV on Windows.
(Edited)
Photo of Blake Freeman

Darius,

Windows will run our new Rise Player (read about it here). It has it's own built in watchdog script, and has a controlled version of Chrome that doesn't update automatically. This allows us to test new features without the risk of breaking anything. With Windows and Linux, you can also operate a remote desktop to troubleshoot issues, or simply see how your signage is displaying.

ChromeOS managed mode with Rise Player kiosk app is extremely easy to set up. Once you set up your organization and settings, it's as simple as adding a serial number to Google Device Management and plugging the device into a display, browser, and network.