custom+css

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
How do I add custom CSS to a presentation? I've already tried adding it in the HTML view of the presentation slide, but it doesn't seem to be registering when preview the slide.
Photo of Craig Boren

Craig Boren

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ashleigh

Ashleigh

• 3,740 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Craig,

Can I see the code you tried to use?

I would try using our HTML widget, and doing an in-line style there.

i.e:

<style>
.yourcss {
};
</style>

<html>

Thanks! 

-

Ashleigh | Community Success

Get the help you need in 10 minutes or less, and let us remotely connect, diagnose and correct display problems with Priority Support!

Book a one-on-one training session with us here.
Photo of Craig Boren

Craig Boren

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks for your reply! I would have used inline styles, but it's not possible in this example. Let me explain: I created a slide (presentation) with a static graphic on the left, and then added a Twitter gadget on the right. The Twitter feed is using the following query: from%3Alandesk%20OR%20%23LANDESK%20OR%20%23Wavelink%20OR%20%23Shavlik%20-%23Altiris%20-Altiris and it is working fine. However, when it appears, the width of the feed is only around 590px. What I want it to do is take up the whole space. I tried adding some CSS in the head of the HTML to give it a width of 100%, but this didn't work.  Hence, my initial question.
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

• 4,624 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Craig,

Can you clarify where you got the twitter gadget from?
If you were using the old Rise Vision Twitter Gadget that was available in our store, by default the feed is already has a 100% value. Since its parent is the placeholder it will stay within its boundaries and stretch to whatever size it is. So to increase its size you would need to make the placeholder bigger.

If you are using a gadget that you got from Twitter's website the issue is probably that twitters default css is overwriting whatever you are putting in the presentations html. You could try using !important but Ive know ive found their gadgets to be somewhat limiting and what you can customize.
Photo of Craig Boren

Craig Boren

Hi,

I was initially using the Rise Vision twitter gadget. But, when I found out it was no longer being supported, I went and created my own Twitter widget on Twitter's site, and then pasted the generated code into an HTML widget on here.

Since I had posted this, I actually figured out how to make the gadget fit the available space. I had to use some custom jQuery to override some of the default css, but it seems to be working really well.

Thanks for the followup!
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Craig,

Glad you were able to get it sorted out!