Cenique C101-PL-RV media player, youtube and iframe script?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
I just ordered and received a Cenique C101-PL-RV media player and am playing around with it for roll out into client applications.

In testing with rise vision, I made a presentation that plays on a laptop client exactly as i want with basically a looped playlist of videos that come from random different locations...
some youtube, some mp4's that i have housed on a local web server, also some using a different video player (that eventually be live stream content) all works great.

I just tried the same playlist on the 101 and discovered that my youtube vids in my playlist dont play on it. What? why?

I also am going to push some live streams to these devices, and am doing so by embedding an iframe in html code. when i do this, i have to autoplay in the script, otherwise obviously my vid just sits in the player with a play button, and does not trigger the content. I put auto play=1 in my script, and it works great on a computer or the web preview BUT NOT using my 101. obviously this is no good. `

the cenique rep told me that the media player will do everything that risevision can do.
hopefully the hurdles i am running into are a limitation on the way i have this configured and NOT with the hardware, as my clients require this functionality.

please suggest
Photo of Randy Calcaterra

Randy Calcaterra

• 450 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Randy,

Unfortunately, recent android versions don't include Flash. I would wager that the reasons the videos aren't playing is because YouTube is trying to play them in a Flash player. Due to some past issues we've had with YouTube, we haven't recommended them for inclusion in a Presentation for a while. If you're using our Video Item, for MP4s, it will use a Flash player (JWPlayer) to play them. WebM's are done using their HTML5 player. We do recommend the use of WebM for videos.

Are your video streams done via Flash, or some other format?

Thanks.

Randy Calcaterra

ok,

well the youtube problem has a VERY simple workaround... i just rehouse the content on my own local server...

as for the video streams, no not flash- the player and the still frame renders and looks great. just has the play button on video and doesnt autoplay the content that sits inside....
Not Good.

really hoping there is a workaround...

Randy Calcaterra

Please workaround!!!
Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a workaround. My initial thought would have been autoplay=1 (or true), but you've already tried that. It most likely has to do with the fact that the android is using a mobile browser. Efforts to try and prevent erroneous charges on cell phones.

Randy Calcaterra

android referring to the 101?

is there another hardware solution that would accomplish the same?
Photo of William Oneal

William Oneal, Champion

• 13,770 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What version of android is on it? Sounds like you have 4.2.2. Also you might contact the company to see if they have a video gadget for there player. I have one for my player that's out there on the market but it's better to see if they have one that works for there equipment. Also on the YouTube front, if the video isn't html5 specific it won't play. Not all uploaded videos are html5 specific. So in saying that make sure you have mp4 h.264, webm, or ogg video types. Best one is webm.

Randy Calcaterra

on the version of android:

the best i could find on a version was something in the system settings that said 'Rise Vision Player 2.5.8'

when you say contact the company, you mean the media player company direct, in this case cenique?

you say you have one for your player... meaning you are confident you could achieve this functionality with your player? what is it? how do i get more info?

the youtube stuff: so you are saying it is not a function of youtube and how that content is displayed, but rather a function of how the content was uploaded to youtube? so in other words, if i had a vid that played great thru my media player (compressed via webm) hosted on a local web server, then posted the same vid on youtube, both should play?
Photo of William Oneal

William Oneal, Champion

• 13,770 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I own my own app for android but as far as playing media it should be close the same. Mine however allows for people to buy there own device and download from google store. While cenique you buy there player thats been configured to there liking.

As far as video it should be close to the same in terms or our players. Now depending on ceniques code on there app it should be able to auto play. Or at least i know my app does. I would contact cenique and see if they have a video gadget or youtube gadget for there player. I know they built a few gadgets so it wouldn't be bad to see what they had in terms of what your looking for.

On mine i have a video player that works for 4.3 android and below. On 4.4 and above rise video gadget should work if you using the media library. I did have a youtube player but there have been some changes on youtube side of things that has effected my player.

If you download a file that is webm then you should be good as far as html5 on youtube goes. It should play. Some files that are downloaded to youtube can't be converted as html5 so when you play a file on android using youtube it might not play because its not html5 compatible.

Anyway what you are trying to do should work.
Photo of Aaron Blankenship

Aaron Blankenship

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I remember an issue I had with the html not working a while ago - "&autoplay" worked.