Cenique C410 / C110 spec questions: power restart, timezone switchover, usb power

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I hope someone from Cenique, or an experienced customer of theirs, can answer a few questions I have. (I looked on the web site and can't find this stuff.)

What are the functional differences between the C110 and C410? Why, or why not, spend the small amount of extra money?

Do these products have a warranty? What are the terms of the warranty?

Can they be powered using a USB connection to a properly-equipped TV set, or is the power supply mandatory in an installation?

What happens when power is restored after a power failure? Does the digital sign board app start up again correctly and unattended?

Do these devices set their internal clocks from the internet (using NTP, the way computers do)?

Do these devices correctly and automatically switch between daylight savings time and standard time on the "spring forward" and "fall back" nights?

Is there a screw for an "Extron LockIt" cable strain relief next to the HDMI connector? http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=lockit&s=1 

(I have been trying to use Tronsmart Vega S89 devices. Unfortunately, each of these questions comes from a difficulty I've had with that product.  For example, it doesn't restart after a power failure. On the "fall back" night it switched from Eastern Daylight Time to China Standard Time. I've had one of those products die on me after 2 months in service.)

The My Rise Player, though, works great on the Tronsmart.

Thanks in advance for handling all these questions.
Photo of Oliver Jones

Oliver Jones

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William Oneal

William Oneal, Champion

• 13,770 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I will see if there is a setting for the Tronsmart device to allow it to power on automatically. I have the same device so I should be able to find a solution for that issue.
Photo of Oliver Jones

Oliver Jones

Thanks! I couldn't find anything like that. But, please let me know if you do.
Photo of William Oneal

William Oneal, Champion

The only thing i can find is a hardware hack. It requires soldering two connections together to complete the circuit. Pretty much bypasses the button altogether.This isn't something i recommend but if interested let me know and ill get you the details. Also thanks for saying something because that scenario didnt cross my mind on android devices. I will now recommend devices without power buttons. 
(Edited)
Photo of Oliver Jones

Oliver Jones

Hi, William, thanks for investigating that. I'm honestly not interested in hacking the Tronsmart product; it's trouble enough straight out of the box.

What Android products do you believe are qualified for Rise displays?  Thanks for any wisdom you can share.
Photo of William Oneal

William Oneal, Champion

I prefer rockchip devices like the tronsmart, minix, or beelink devices. Those tend to do me well. Amlogic devices have there issues but it seems they are getting better. I'm hoping they go to lollipop or fix there codecs because video has been there issue. My biggest issue or complaint I have with android is webview but hopefully lollipop and the now updated webview will solve a ton of issues as time goes on.
Photo of Cenique USA

Cenique USA

• 1,340 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Oliver,

Please send us an email at support@cenique.com with any further questions or contact our sales team.

I'll try to answer each of your questions:

1: The full specs are available for the C110 and C410 on our website at:
http://store.cenique.com/c110-micro-analytics-engine.html
http://store.cenique.com/c410-media-player-rise-vision.html
Two siginificant differences are the C110 has a Dual Core processor while the C410 has a Quad Core processor. The C410  has an antenna for extended WiFi coverage.

2: Yes as noted on the website, there is a One Year Warranty.

3: The C110 and C410 come with a power adapter which is mandatory. The cannot be powered by a USB connection.

4: Yes, The Andorid Rise Player automatically restarts after a power outage.

5: There are several options of this Android setting, and selecting to use the internet is one option.

6: Yes, they automatically switch between daylight savings time and standard time.

7: No, please see the photos on the  Specs page.

Thanks
Photo of Oliver Jones

Oliver Jones

Thanks for the information.