Cenique C410 and Storage for Subcompanies

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have a situation where I am creating presentation templates that are pulling from storage from our main parent company. Using Chromeboxes, this is no problem and works great for all of our sub companies to be able to schedule the templates and play the content on their displays. 

The problem comes in with sub companies that are using Cenique C410 media players. I had planned to use embedded presentations so that when I update content in the parent main presentation that the content would be updated in the sub company presentations without any action from their end. The Cenique players do not work this way and only show a white screen when using embedded presentations. I have checked with Cenique support and this is a limitation of their player. 

My question comes in, that if I create a template presentation using the Cenique video gadget and manually copy and paste the video links from the parent company storage assets, would the platform allow this? It is essentially the same thing as using the embedded presentations without actually using the embedded presentations. 

Sorry for the confusing question, let me know if this makes sense. Thank you
Photo of Wayne Rasor

Wayne Rasor

• 720 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Wayne,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to take videos from a parent company's storage account, and display them on a sub-account that does not have a storage subscription through the Cenique Video Widget. Is that correct?
Photo of Wayne Rasor

Wayne Rasor

• 720 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That is correct. This can be done using embedded presentations and I my understanding is that this is an acceptable process. Since the Cenique players cannot display embedded presentations, this is the only workaround that I am aware of. 
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Wayne,

At this time I can't test using the Cenique Video Widget, however looking at our HTML5 Video Widget, I think this should work. Keep in mind that this is not an intended use case.