C110 resolution setting ignored

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not a Problem
We have a C110 unit.  The TVs it is connected to (via an HDMI splitter) can both due 1080p, but due to only a minimal Internet connection in the area, 720p is used.  So the presentations are created for 720p.

The C110 unit is configured for 1280x720/60.  However, it seems to ignore this setting and continues to push out 1920x1080/60.  So the presentation doesn't fill the screen.

How do I fix this?   Is there a way to force it to make sure it is running the current OS and software?  I didn't see where I could do that.

Jeff
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jeff,

We should get the Cenique support team involved here as they are the experts. I'll alert them to this conversation.
Photo of Cenique USA

Cenique USA

• 1,340 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Jeff,

The Cenique media players auto-adjust for resolution. There is no need to create specific Rise Presentations for displays with different resolutions. If you create a presentation set to 1080p (1920x1080) it will display properly on both 1080p and 720p displays.
The Resolution setting in the Android settings can also remain on 1080p.

If you have any other questions contact us at support@cenique.com or see our FAQs at support.cenique.com.

Thanks,
Cenique Support
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

Thank you for the pictures, but I am not unsure about it at all... while it shows the change, and says 'do you want to keep these settings', it never actually makes the change which is what I have been saying all along.  So at the moment they have a different Android box in place which setup just fine, but they eventually want to split the feeds to both TVs.  They will call support.
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

So I gave up on the C110 and it will be recycled as junk.  

I emailed the support@cenique.com mentioned above several times and never had a response (yes, I checked the spam filter...).  I gave them a week.  The C110 is more than twice as expensive as a similar capacity generic Android set top box... and these generic Android boxes work just fine with Risevision... just spend a few minutes to remove the apps you don't need first, set it to auto start the app (there are apps for that), auto reboot once and a while (an app for that), and all is good.

My 2 cents worth.
Jeff
Photo of Blake Freeman

Blake Freeman, Official Rep

• 36,116 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jeff,

I'll follow up with Cenique and make them aware of your comments, thanks.
Photo of Wendi Borden

Wendi Borden, Champion

• 6,028 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Jeff,

Just curious what apps you're using for startup and rebooting? We've used Tasker in the past, which works fine for our needs. I've not really used Rise Vision on any Android devices though. Just thought I'd see what you use for future reference :)

Thanks!
Photo of Wendi Borden

Wendi Borden, Champion

• 6,028 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Jeff,

Just curious what apps you're using for startup and rebooting? We've used Tasker in the past, which works fine for our needs. I've not really used Rise Vision on any Android devices though. Just thought I'd see what you use for future reference :)

Thanks!
Photo of Cenique USA

Cenique USA

• 1,340 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Jeff,

The reason the image is not filling the screen, is that the Presentation is not set to the correct resolution. The Presentation must be set to 1920x1080. Your Presentations are set to 1280x720. 

Please see our FAQ and make the required corrections. 

As noted in the FAQ:
If you prefer to use 720p content, create images that are 1280x720. Create a Presentation that is 1920x1080; a Placeholder that is also 1920x1080. Insert the Images which are 1280x720 and select 'Scale to Fit'.

Thanks, 
Cenique Support