Anyone interested in being able to zoom a webpage past 200%?

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hey everybody,

Currently in the Web Page Widget, you can zoom up to 200% on any given web page or region of a web page:

Is anyone interested in that number being higher than 200%? Be sure to let us know by hitting the like button for this idea!
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

• 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

• 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
How 200% zoom is even useful?
Photo of Jeremy Klammer

Jeremy Klammer

• 688 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I show numeric data from a webpage for a client. Their webpage already has the data loaded, but it is small on a screen. So I point to that webpage and zoom in so you can see the values on the screen from across the room. To do this, I (1) have to zoom in greater than 200% and (2) point to a specific region of the webpage.

I think this is a useful feature of the Webpage Widget personally, but I would call it low priority. 

I believe this Zoom&Point feature was available with previous version of the Webpage Widget (Item ?), but it recently stopped working. I had to find a work around when the screens started going blank. First, I zoomed everything to 200% and then later I transferred to the HTML Widget.

I am able to use the HTML Widget and point to the webpage in an iframe and use zoom/transform to get the desired result. There are lots of stack overflow resources on this, but this tutorial is my recommendation if you need to do the same. 

Cheers
Jeremy
(Edited)
Photo of Jeremy Klammer

Jeremy Klammer

Hey Robb

Yes, I would like the ability to Zoom greater than 200% and Point to a region of the webpage.

Thanks
Jeremy
(Edited)
Photo of Alan Clayton

Alan Clayton, Official Rep

• 8,788 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jeremy, curious would it be an option to pull the data from the HTML into a Google Spreadsheet, then use the Spreadsheet Widget to show the data? Check this out.
(Edited)
Photo of Jeremy Klammer

Jeremy Klammer

I'm grateful for the idea, Alan. 

I can pull strict text, but there is a little iconography that accompanies it which changes based on the numbers.
So yes it works, but not full solution. However, I can use the HTML widget as mentioned above and scale to my needs.

As a sidebar: We use this "Pull & Google Sheets Display" method to preview the summary of a latest blog post for a client.

Cheers
Jeremy