Adding a display, resolution is defaulting to 1920x1080

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Trying to add a display, and after viewing the tutorial again (3 easy steps), I find that while I can add a display, but I am not being allowed to change the resolution. It defaults to 1920x1080 and gives no other options. Suggestions?
Photo of Dick Fotoples

Dick Fotoples

• 3,142 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • always frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The value showing the Display's resolution is now automatically picked up by the computer running the software. There is no longer a need to manually set this value any longer.

We apologize for the confusing information in the tutorial and have updated it with the most recent changes.

Thanks!
Photo of Brian Wagner

Brian Wagner

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
But i want to change it anyway, how can i do this? is it possible?

I have a white strip on the far right screen in a 1X 4 display set up. I have tried extending my image but it does not correct the issue. Any solution out there?
Photo of Neal

Neal

Are all of the Displays set up to use the same resolution? I can see something like that occurring if the rightmost screen was set at something like 1920x1200, where the others were 1920x1080.

The value that is provided has no effect on how the Presentation will be shown. It is all dependent on how the computer has set the resolution for each screen.

Thanks.
Photo of Brian Wagner

Brian Wagner

Each display is set up on same resolution 1920 X 1080. I have the image set up to be centered. Yet it is not...it is to the left I guess because there is not white line on the left side or the furthest left screen.

The default display resolution that is displayed under the "Display" tab is strange...7712 X 1080.

I thought it should be 7680 or 1920 X the four screens.

Does this help explain a possible fix.?

Is it possible it is in the image itself?
Photo of Neal

Neal

I know that with some cabling connections, it is possible to set the monitor to auto adjust (normally available with VGA connections).

Can you check to see if something like this will correct what you're seeing?

Thanks.
Photo of Brian Wagner

Brian Wagner

I guess the part I don't understand is that if I change the image size proportionally then should it not make it to the end of the screen.

If I were to right justify the image instead of centering the image would the white line show up on the far left side?
Photo of Neal

Neal

Brian,

Would you want to share your Presentation with us? Just email a link to support@risevision.com and we can take a look at it.

Thanks.
Photo of BB COM

BB COM

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
For anybody who might still have this issue I found the resolution: 

Right-click the chrome application that risevision uses (usually installed in the RiseVision install location).

Go to Compatibility and check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

Do the same for the RiseVision.exe file.

This fixed my issue when the application was incorrectly detecting the resolution.
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

• 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there,

The resolution for the media player is set on the device itself, not via Rise Vision. Rise Vision only reports the resolution that is being returned.

Having said that, do you know if the resolution is set correctly on the device itself? If it is an older monitor, another option may be to check for Overscan settings for that particular monitor. How these are applied are different on each monitor, so I look forward to hearing what you discover!
Photo of Master Web

Master Web

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Old TV's so I think you're right.  I'll check out the overscan 
Photo of RV News

RV News

• 2,358 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Try this (Windows)...

Open the Control Panel, then click on Display 

Choose Smaller  100%
and tick "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays".

Next, open Chrome’s Settings page. 

Scroll down and click the Show advanced settings option, then scroll down to the Web content section. Set the default page zoom level to 100%
(Edited)
Photo of RPTDigital Signage

RPTDigital Signage

• 2,284 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
In case this thread is still active:

I think the strange resolution could be coming from bezel compensation. The User doesn't state what his display hardware is, but a 1x4 display would imply AMD Eyefinity or similar multiple monitors single desktop. Most of these offer bezel compensation adjustment via a test pattern.

Bezel compensation basically adds non-displayable pixels between monitors to allow an image spanning monitors to not distort at the bezels. The total display resolution changes by the total bezel compensation amounts across the monitors. 

My experience: Set-up Bezel compensation once and then build your presentation to the resolution that Rise Vision reports and it will fill the screen. Remember when adding placeholders that nothing will display in the bezel area(s), so avoid those bands with anything other than images or video.
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

• 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Great point, thanks!
Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

• 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
OK, I have a problem. Display App initially locks in intop 1080p and never change. I need RV App to play on 1080p time 3 (3 display) setup). How do I make this happen if the App cannot adjust itself?