400 Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
When I try to login to Rise Vision Admin Console on my Toshiba Notebook I do get this error: 400 Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. When I login with the same account from Chrome browser on mij Macbook no problems. Any ideas or sugestions?

Thanks Danny
Photo of Danny de Vreede

Danny de Vreede

• 668 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Danny de Vreede

Danny de Vreede

Excuse me I mean mij Toshiba Chromebook.
Photo of Neal

Neal

• 61,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Danny,

Can you try clearing the cache on the Toshiba to see if that corrects what you're seeing? You may also want to go to chrome://net-internals/#dns on the Toshiba to clear the DNS cache as well.

Are you able to sign in on other Google sites, such as Gmail?

Thanks.
Photo of Chad LaFarge

Chad LaFarge

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I get this too. Incidentally, I user two-factor authentication. I cannot use "Login with Google" because of this error. Oddly, I CAN use the Google account to post this reply :).
(Edited)
Photo of Neal

Neal

I wouldn't think it would be related to 2-stage authentication.  I've been using that for a while now.

Have you tried the suggestions that were made above?

Thanks.
Photo of Chad LaFarge

Chad LaFarge

I've tried both recommendations. Thanks for the quick reply.
Photo of Neal

Neal

Chad,

Can you confirm that you're on the latest version of Chrome.  Can you also let us know what operating system you're using?

Could you also try accessing Rise Vision using an Incognito Window?

Thanks.
Photo of Chad LaFarge

Chad LaFarge

I was using 39.0.2171.36 beta-m. Now on 39.0.2171.42 beta-m. I was able to log in using Incognito... my account is all set up, I just still can't login using plain old Chrome.
Photo of Danny de Vreede

Danny de Vreede

Dear all, after months I still have the issue. On my Chromebook as well I get the choice to select the google account I would like to login with, I choose the correct account and than get an error Error: Bad Request. Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. It is not very usefull to logout from Chrome and login to a clean account first. Can it have something to do with 2 way authentication of Google?
Photo of Chad LaFarge

Chad LaFarge

Danny,

In my experiece, it is NOT a matter of choosing the correct account, but of logging OUT of ALL accounts, then only being logged into the one account that you intend to have tied to Rise Vision. That's what I needed to do for mine.

Hope this helps.

Chad
(Edited)
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

• 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Danny, another option may be to choose an Incognito window, and try logging in with that account. If you can log in in the Incognito Window, I think Chad is right on the money, there may be some overlap between accounts that is causing the issue. You can read more about Incognito here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?source=gsearch
Photo of Vijay Ghuge

Vijay Ghuge

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s
Photo of Aamir Malik

Aamir Malik

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s