2016 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship - Bracket Template!

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)

Hello Community! 

March Madness is fast approaching and we have a great template for it! Be sure to check it out here. The template is incredibly easy to set up just take out the KU logo, add in the logo of your choice (or none at all), schedule the presentation and your good to go. Once the tournament gets underway we'll make sure the bracket stays up to date for you! 

You can purchase the template from our Store here

Let us know if you have any questions!
Photo of Shea

Shea, Official Rep

• 5,188 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
  • Happy

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Karen Masulis

Karen Masulis

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi, I purchased the template, created a new presentation with it, inserted the presentation into my main presentation, but the midwest and south continually repeat -- never see the other regions.   The preview of the presentation alone is fine.

Help!
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

• 4,624 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Are you rotating with other elements? Perhaps the duration is not long enough that it just restarts. I did check our source file for the template and it appears to be fine.
Photo of Karen Masulis

Karen Masulis

I am rotating it with other elements. I set the duration to 40 but the behavior didn't change. The only change I made to the original template was to use percentage sizing.
Photo of Robb

Robb, Official Rep

• 76,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to hear you are having trouble Karen! Can you share a link to your Presentation and we can see if we can determine the issue? 

Thanks!
Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

• 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I got to ask, that smoke puffing in the background is a looping image or some sort of HTML sorcery? I am very interested )
Photo of Shea

Shea, Official Rep

Hi Darius, 

We used images and applied HTML animations to them. 

Thanks!
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

Shea is correct they are images animated with css. Specifically its a 3D transform that leverages the GPU for increased performance. http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/increase-your-sites-performance-with-hardware-accelerated-css
Photo of Darius - PRODO.us

Darius - PRODO.us, Champion

• 26,850 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks mlm, I will look at it.
Photo of Karen Masulis

Karen Masulis

Photo of HSuarez

HSuarez

• 11,896 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Karen,
On Preview it’s rotating as it should be (i.e. Midwest, South, West, East). But I’ve noticed that the Presentations (both of the links) are not embedding any Presentation Items. Are these being used or embedded in other Presentations in your account and if so, do you have the links available? Thanks
(Edited)
Photo of Karen Masulis

Karen Masulis

Hi, yes, I forgot I removed the bracket pres when I couldn't get it to work.   Anway, I started from scratch.  Took a new copy of the template and sized it to 100% x 100% adjusting the elements and added it to my main presentation.   Still it only rotated Midwest and South.  So, I removed it from the pres and added it to my schedule with a duration of 40.  It's working GREAT!!!!!

Thanks for everyone's input on this!!
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

good news! glad its working for you
Photo of TonyL

TonyL

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I remove the animation tied to the mascot image widget?
Photo of Shea

Shea, Official Rep

Hi Tony, 

If you go to the HTML view of the presentation and delete the below code that should remove the animation. 

#logo {
  animation: tada 10s 0s infinite linear;

}

@-webkit-keyframes tada {
  from {
    transform: scale3d(1, 1, 1);
  }

1%, 2% {
    transform: scale3d(.9, .9, .9) rotate3d(0, 0, 1, -3deg);
  }

3%, 5%, 7%, 9% {
    transform: scale3d(1.1, 1.1, 1.1) rotate3d(0, 0, 1, 3deg);
  }

4%, 6%, 8% {
    transform: scale3d(1.1, 1.1, 1.1) rotate3d(0, 0, 1, -3deg);
  }

9% {
    transform: scale3d(1, 1, 1);
  }
}

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Shea
Photo of TonyL

TonyL

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Fantastic, thank you
Photo of mlm

mlm, Official Rep

The animation is tied to the placeholder. So you can just delete the placeholder and create a new one and it wont have the animation. You can absolutely do it the way Shea indicated but there is no need to go to html view if you prefer not to.